Our Slideshow is the heart and soul of Dayframe. It presents a nonstop series of images from your photostreams.
From here you can:
- Browse/ Play through full size photos
- Adjust playback settings such as zoom and shuffle
- Act as a remote control for Chromecast
- Use Social Features such as like, comment, share, links, and discovery
- Toggle UI elements: current time, date, next active alarm, and local weather*
- Tap on time / weather* to open clock and weather apps
The ActionBar will display the name and source icon of the photostream. If viewing a photostream from a playlist, you’ll also see the name of the playlist under the photostream name.
When playing a single photostream, the slideshow will play through all available images in that stream. When it gets to the end, it will update the stream and start over.
When playing a playlist, the slideshow will play through all available images in each photostream. When it gets to the end of a photostream, it will update and play the next stream in the list. When it gets to the end of the playlist, it will start over at the beginning.
[ac-toggle title=”What’s the difference between Manual Browsing, Auto-play, and Chromecast Remote* modes?”]
The way you open the Slideshow from the Gallery or Navigation Menu will determine how the slideshow operates.
Manual Browsing mode:
- Initiated by tapping a photo in the Gallery, opening the Slideshow in the Navigation Menu
- Starts with manual control over the slideshow so you can browse through pictures
- Press Play button to play slideshow
- Press Back button to stop slideshow
- Press Back button to exit when slideshow is stopped
- Initiated by tapping the Play button in the Gallery
- Automatically plays the slideshow when it opens
- Press Back button to exit
Chromecast Remote* mode:
- Initiated by connecting to Chromecast and opening the Slideshow
- Device will operate like Photo Browing mode
- Device photos are zoom-to-fit only
- Press Play / Pause button to play slideshow on Chromecast
* requires Dayframe Prime upgrade